At my school, the new semester doesn't start the first day we get back from winter break, we still have one week left of first semester classes. Many of my teachers have chosen to do fun and simple things for this week. In my creative cooking class, we decided to make one last thing before cleaning up the kitchens for the next semester, and it was so yummy I decided to share it with you guys. :)
What you will need:
-9 cups Chex cereal (preferably plain)
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
-1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Measure out cereal in a large bowl and set aside
2. Put chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute
3. Stir chocolate mixture
4. Microwave for an extra 30 seconds or until smooth *be careful not to burn the chocolate*
5. Add vanilla
6. Pour mixture into cereal and stir until cereal is coated. Don't worry to much about breaking the cereal.
7. Put into a large Ziploc bag and add powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake well until cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
8. Spread out on wax paper to cool.
9. Store in Ziploc bags or in a large sealed container
Let me know if you guys try this out, and let me know how it turns out for you!