Friday, June 7, 2013

Product Review: Claire's Cosmetics Electric Neon Nail Polishes

I've never been afraid to use bright fun colors in my eye make-up. Honestly, I'm not at all afraid to go for the pinks, greens, blues, purples, and even oranges. I love to play with color in my make-up, but it wasn't until recently that I decided to use fun colors on my nails. Up until then my nail polishes were mostly just pinks and reds, with a few other colors and some glitter polishes thrown into the mix. When I'm shopping for nail polish, I typically look at the pretty pink colors, rather than looking at the other fun colors. I also have an issue with the fact that I want to try to do nail art so badly but I lack many of the tools to do it. I tend to buy more and more eye shadow, rather than buying nail products or even other make-up products. So on a recent trip to Claire's I decided to pick up one of their nail polish sets, Electric Neon, for $10.00. This set, as well as many other Claire's nail polish sets, comes with 5 colors; green, yellow, blue, pink, and purple, all in electric neon shades (I have seen some sets come with orange rather than yellow).


My only real complaint about this product is that you have to put it on kinda of thick for it to become opaque. Though I typically experience this a lot with nail polish, as I don't typically get the higher end polishes. However, for the price I paid for it, I do like the results I got out of it. The colors are really bright and fun, and i have some ideas of different looks I can make from them. I also like that the colors dry matte rather than shiny like most nail polishes I have. They also dry rather quickly on their own, even when applied kind of thick, which is nice for me seeings how I'm really impatient with waiting for my nails to dry. 

These are certainly some really fun colors, and I could see myself using them in several different nail art looks. These are also really fun colors for summer. I also like how you can simply create a look making each nail a different color with each of the five colors! If I had to choose one color as my favorite from this set, I would pick the purple. I absolutely love the shade! My least favorite would probably be the blue as it's harder to apply evenly, but it's still a pretty color. I can't wait to use these fun colors throughout the summer!

For this being a $10.00 set of five polishes, they are certainly nice. Of course they aren't going to be the quality of an OPI or Essie polish, but they are great for the price. I love the fact that Claire's has some decent quality cosmetics for a really decent price. If you are just beginning to get into make-up or nail art, and want to get some nice products, I would recommend picking up something from Claire's, as you can get a lot of colors for a small price. This is also great if you are like me, and you're iffy about spending $7.00 or more on one nail color. It's not top quality, but it certainly works.

Have you ever tried any of the nail polish sets from Claire's cosmetics? What do you think of them?

*FTC Disclaimer: I purchased this product with my own money, I did not get this product for free. I am not being paid for this review. All opinions are 100% honest,and are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment