Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glitter Reads: "Beneath The Glitter" by Elle & Blair Fowler

Ever since Elle & Blair Fowler first announced their book, Beneath The Glitter, I really wanted to read it. But when it first came out, I couldn't seem to find it at all in stores. But on a trip to Barnes and Noble yesterday, I finally found it! Honestly, I only put the book down to sleep, and a few times to grab a bite to eat, and finished it in less than two days. It was an amazing book! The chapter names alone were so fun and glitzy. The novel itself was really fun, and certainly exciting. I kinda wanna go back and read it again, because I tend to pick up more things when I reread a book, and this book had so much going on! Plus it was just that good, LOL. 

I really enjoy these glitzy, and glamorous types of stories, and the fact that Elle and Blair wrote this book made it even better. If you are familiar with Elle and Blair Fowler, you will certainly see the similarities between them and the characters Sophia and Ava, and their pets. I was also able to make some personal connections to each of the characters through their personalities and some of the things they've been through. "Beneath The Glitter" very well describes a lot of the dreams that I, and many other girls have when they are little, along with the downsides to fame, and how things can go wrong so fast. But there are ways to make them right again if you really care for them.

This book is really fun, and girly. Very girly, I absolutely love the beauty and fashion references, as well as the modernness of it. This book has it's funny moments, sad moments, happy and exciting moments, as well as some suspense. There are times you never know whats going to happen next. Infact *SPOILER ALERT(?)* not everything is even resolved by the end of the book.

The ending actually leaves you even more questions, and keeps you wondering. I can't wait to continue the story in the sequel, Where Beauty Lies, to find the answers to all my questions! I don't wanna say to much, because I don't wanna spoil the story for anyone who wants to read it, but the ending will certainly leave you wondering. I actually kind of like that the story doesn't all wrap up completely at the end of the book, like in most books I've read, but rather will continue on in the sequel.


Beneath The Glitter  (Official Summary)

After their makeup and fashion videos went viral on YouTube, sisters Sofia and Ava London are thrust into the exclusive life of  the Los Angeles elite. Here fabulous parties, air kisses, paparazzi, and hot guys all come with the scene. Sophia finds herself torn between a gorgeous bartender and a millionaire playboy, and Ava starts dating an A-list actor. But as their about to discover, the life they've always dreamed of comes with a cost. 

Beneath the glitter of the Hollywood social scene lies a world of ruthless ambition, vicious gossip... and betrayal. Someone close to them, someone they trust, is working in the shadows to bring the London sisters falling down. And once the betrayal is complete, Sophia and Ava find themselves knee-deep in a scandal that could take away everything they care about, including the one thing that matters most-- each other. 


If you like girly and glitzy things, I would totally recommend this book. It's super fun, and super girly. I love novels that take place in the modern day, and refer to real world things (iPhones, iPads, ect...). Elle and Blair did a really good job with it, and it was even better then I expected. Great job Elle and Blair!

Beneath The Glitter is not only a good story, but has a strong message. Don't be afraid to take risks. And always support the ones you care for in their adventures, even if you are afraid for them, don't try to hold them back. Be there for them if they fall to help pick them back up. And let them do the same for you, lookout for each other. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'd love to read this book, it seems like an interesting read and I love Elle and Blair so I'm sure I'm gonna love it! :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing book! I love Elle and Blair as well, and they did a great job with this book. It is among my favorite books. I hope you enjoy the book. :)

      Delete