Monday, February 4, 2013

My Hair Extensions: Euronext Remy 18 Inch Clip-In Human Hair Extensions

I've wanted long voluminous hair for as long as I could remember. Unfortunately, my thin hair won't grow very far beyond shoulder length. I've been trying to grow it our for years and it just won't grow. I would always get so bummed that I didn't have the long beautiful hair that I wanted, and that my hair was to short and to thin for many hair styles. Having the long hair I wanted seemed like a dream that I could never achieve. But then... I found hair extensions! Or more specifically, clip in human hair extensions that give me the length and volume that I've always wanted. Now I absolutely I love the length of my hair, and I have the option of having my hair shorter if I want. 

My Hair Without Extensions
When I was shopping around for hair extensions, I originally wanted to go for what's the cheapest... But after reading the reviews on the cheaper products, I decided against that. I wanted quality, something that would look natural, and stay nice for a long time. I actually wound up getting the Euronext Remy extensions, the most expensive hair extensions that Sally's Beauty Supply carried, and I actually don't regret paying the extra money for them. I certainly feel they were worth the $140.00. 

I've been wearing them since the beginning of the school year,and they still look amazing! And since they are made of real human hair, they can be curled, straightened, and style in many ways using overnight methods, or using hot tools. I personally choose to use overnight methods so that I can keep heat damage on the down low, and it also saves some time in the morning. They can also be incorporated into up-dos to give your hair that extra length and volume you need to achieve the look. And since they are clip ins, you can take them out at night and not need to worry about damaging them while you sleep. You also don't need to worry about glue or other bonding methods ruining your natural hair. 

My Hair With Extensions
My hair extensions are 18 inches (About 46 centimeters) long and in the color Chestnut Brown. Sally's also has 14 inch extension available if you want a little bit of a shorter length. You'll of course want to choose a color that fits your own hair the best, The best way to do this is to ask for someone to help you, and hold the hair to your ends to see which color is your best match. Mine are very slightly off, but you honestly can't even tell. If you choose to dye your hair, you can also dye these extensions, and you can test out the color on one of the test pieces (The small pieces without a clip) before you dye all of them. If you pick the right color, and you put them in right, many people won't even be able to tell you're wearing extensions. People are actually surprised when I tell them that I wear hair extensions. 

Just remember to take good care of them to keep them looking nice longer. Try to use more overnight methods of styling rather than using hot tools when possible. I actually found a way to straighten them overnight, and I'll do a post about it in the future. Take them out before showering or sleeping, or as a general rule of thumb doing anything that would cause your hair to get messy such as swimming or going to an amusement park. Hand wash them in the sink with warm water and the same salon quality products you use to wash your natural hair, and set them our flat to air dry, I'll also do a post on how to wash them properly. Don't use to many hair products to avoid product build-up, I have found that I don't need to use a lot of product in them anyways. Always be gentle when brushing through them, the hair won't grow back if it gets ripped out, LOL.

The only downfall to this product is the price. $140.00 is a big investment, and if you are thinking of getting these, you should most certainly read other reviews. In my personal opinion they are worth the price. Remember, sometimes it is best to pay more for a product if it means better quality. Personally, I feel that paying $140 on something you love is much better then wasting $20 on a low quality product you don't like. Hair extensions are not something to mess around with, or to skimp with quality on. 

I realize that this is a really expensive product, but I would not be recommending it to you if I didn't fully feel that the price is worth it. I am very happy with the way they look, and what I can do with them. I paid for these extensions with my own money. The opinion expressed in this review is 100% honest, and I am not at all being paid for this post. Feel free to ask me questions in the comments, or on my twitter

More information on these extensions, as well as reviews can be found at this link. 

1 comment: