Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thinking Positively: What We Love About Ourselves

I often find it easy to give somebody else a compliment. Whether it be that they have a great personality, a great sense of style, their hair or make-up looks amazing, or they are a great artist or athlete. But while its great to give somebody else a compliment, how often do we compliment ourselves? In fact, I often find myself insulting myself, rather then complimenting myself. "My hair looks awful today, I stink at sports, my voice sounds so weird today, ect..." And it can be really easy to compare ourselves to others, and feel like we aren't good enough. This is a feeling I experience a lot, and I know that others have as well. We are our own worst critics, and our biggest bully, and some people are harder on themselves than others.

Remember, there is some kind of good in everyone, and everyone has something that they are good at. If you are able to find something you like about other people, you can certainly find something you like about yourself. Maybe you're really good at soccer, or you're a great artist. You might be really good with make-up, or have a great sense of style. You're nice to others, or you're really good at a certain subject. It can even be simple or silly things like, nice eyes or you like something about your body, or that you know how to make people laugh. 

My Challenge To You

I would like to challenge all of you to find at least 5 things you like about yourself and write them down somewhere. It can be anything, big or small, as long as it's something you like about yourself. Write it down somewhere that you'll look often, and when you're feeling down, read over it again. You can also put it into a video, or even create a blog post about it. (If you do, I would love it if you send me the link to your video or blog.) Just remember, it needs to be at least 5 things, and if you can come up with more, that would be great! :)

5 Things I Like About Myself
1. I am a great writer
2. I am confident when it comes to public speaking
3. I love my sense of style and the outfits I pick out are really cute
4. I am friendly to others, and I can find the good in people
5. I'm good with make-up, and I'm not afraid to go for bold looks

Let's stop being so hard on ourselves and start seeing ourselves the way that the people who care about us do <3

2 comments:

  1. This post has helped, because my new years resolution was to be more positive I will definietly do this challenge on my blog as a part my January Blog Challenge, I've beeen writing posts up in advance because of school so this will be my day 11! YAY

    Thank You Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I followed, plz follow back!

    ccfashion16.blogspot.com

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewellerycc/172919139498951

    xxx

    ReplyDelete