Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beat The Study Hall Boredom

I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to waste my study hall. If I don't have a homework assignment due that day or the next day, I'll just sit there doing nothing. Maybe I'll put my head down on the desk and try to take a nap, even if I should be working on a project or studying for a test. Even though there are plenty of things I could be doing in study hall, whether I have work to do or not, I find myself getting bored and staring off into space. Sometimes it just seems like there's nothing to do in study hall, when in reality, there are plenty of things you could be doing to pass the time. 

Obviously, study hall is class period that is meant for studying and doing school work, not for sleeping, as much as we like to think it is sometimes, LOL. Work on homework you got in classes you had before study hall, you might just get them done and not have to take them home! Personally, I like to work on assignments that require the textbook first so that you won't need to take the book home. If all of your homework is done, you can work on any large projects you may have, or study for a test that you have coming up. 

If you don't have homework to do, projects to work on, or tests to study for, then you can do something a little more enjoyable. The biggest time passer, that almost every study hall teacher will let you do, is reading a good book. Sometimes you can get so sucked into the story that the bell ringing sneaks up on you before you know it! If you're not much of a reader, doodling or coloring is also a great time passer. If you're a writer you can write some stories or poems, or if you like to blog or make YouTube videos you can plan out your video or blog post during this time and write down some ideas. Some teachers may also allow you to listen to music during study hall, which can help time go by even faster. Music can also help you to block out distractions from people around you when you're working. If you are allowed to talk in study hall, you can always chat with any friends that you have around you. You could maybe even play a card game or color a picture together if neither of you have work to do. Just remember, there are other people working. Don't do anything that would cause a distraction to other people around you.  

What do you like to do to pass time in study hall? Do you typically have a lot of homework to do, or do you need to find other things to do? Do you have no study halls at all? 

No comments:

Post a Comment