Friday, January 25, 2013

Jump Start Your Morning Routine At Night

I would say I have a pretty good morning routine. I get through everything that I need to get done, and still have plenty of time to relax before I leave for school. But I know that there are ways that I can make my morning run even smoother, and get everything done faster. And waking up on time and not hitting snooze is just the start of it. In fact, speeding up your morning routine starts before you even go to bed the night before. 

A Weird Fact About Me: I like to coordinate every part of my outfit everyday. I like my hair to go with the look and feel of the outfit, and I like my eye shadow to match, or go with what I'm wearing. What I mean by that is, I like to use more casual hairstyles for more casual outfits, and I love to go with curls, straight hair, or an up-do for dressier outfits. And if I'm wearing a blue dress or top, I like to be daring and go for blue eye shadow. 

With that said, if I don't know what I want to wear that day, I have to spend extra time picking out an outfit before I start getting ready. Along with figuring out what exactly I want to do with my hair and make-up. I tend to run into this issue a lot, and given the fact that I just woke up, it makes making a decision even harder. The time I spent picking through my closet and thinking of what to do with my hair and what make-up products to use. Sometimes I'll also run into the issue of not being able to find what I wanted and having to pick something else. Sure I'm still left with plenty of free time, and a nice outfit, but the extra time I took to pick an outfit and look for a product could have been additional free time after I finished getting ready. 

If you pick out your outfit at night, along with deciding how to do your hair and make-up, it'll save you on the decision time the next morning. Look through your closet before you go to bed at night, as you start your nightly routine. Take out the outfit you want, and put it somewhere that you can find it easily. Don't forget to pick out some accessories and set them by your outfit. Then decide on your hair and make-up. Get out any tools you may need to style your hair, or you could even use overnight styling methods to speed on the process in the morning even more. Decide on what make-up style you want to use, what products you want to use, and what brushes you want to use and set them out. I like to put my make-up products in a basket so I can carry them right to the bathroom. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to choose which purse you want to use and put all of your purse items in it, along with packing all of your school things into your school bag. I also like to pick out a different perfume everyday.

Don't stop with just planning your outfit. Planning out your breakfast at night is also a great way to make deciding on breakfast easier, or to add eating breakfast to your morning routine. I tend to not eat breakfast simply because I don't know what I'm going to eat. But if I knew what I was going to eat, I would make eating breakfast a part of my free time in the morning! Planning your breakfast will also help you to make better breakfast decisions, rather then just grabbing a cookie for breakfast. You don't have to plan a huge pancake breakfast, just as long as it's decently healthy. A bowl of cereal and toast would do just fine. :) 

What do you do to keep help your morning go smoothly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment