Sunday, April 14, 2013

Get Outside And Enjoy The Nice Day!

While I do enjoy spending time outside on a nice day, I am guilty of spending a nice day cooped up in my room. It could be 70 degrees and sunny, and I'll be sitting behind my computer, staying inside as if it's 35 degrees with an icey rain. And what excuse do I have to stay inside on a nice day? I'm not a vampire, so I don't think a little sun will kill me, LOL. The only excuse I have is my constant need to be on the computer so that I can browse the web and play computer games all day. Things that I can do anytime, regardless of the weather. I always complain when the weather isn't warm, or when it snows or rains. So I should enjoy the days of lovely weather by getting outside and actually enjoying the weather, instead of looking at it from my window. 

For spring break, I had a nice idea of things that I could do outside to enjoy my time off school, had the weather been nice. But knowing the weather wasn't going to be nice I also had to come up things I could do inside. Now that the weather is starting to get nicer, I still find myself doing more stuff inside than outside. It doesn't have to be spring break, or even a weekend for the matter, to enjoy a nice day outside. Once you get your homework done, you can go for walk to the park, or you could even do your homework outside and get some fresh air! As long as the weather is nice, it's always a good time to spend some time outside. 

I myself know that getting on Twitter to check the latest trends and posting to tumblr can wait a little bit. You can always take your laptop outside, or bring your phone with you, and surely it wouldn't hurt to make a quick check or take a picture of the nice day, but honestly it would be better to keep technology use down to a minimum sometimes. It's nice to get away from the stresses that social media can sometimes bring for a bit. All of the things you enjoy about the internet will be there whenever, but the weather may not be here to stay. It could be 75 degrees and sunny one day, than 40 degrees and rainy the next. 

There are so many ways to enjoy a nice spring day without spending any money, or wandering too far from home. Go to a nearby park with some friends, bring some snacks, and just chat. Or even go by yourself and bring a book to read. Go to a spring sporting event and cheer on your team. This may have a small fee, but it shouldn't be too much, some schools may even let you into spring sporting events free. If you like to be active you could even gather some friends and play some backyard sports outside. You can even do your workout routine outside, and even add going for a walk or jog. If you have a dog you can walk the dog and play fetch. But even just sitting outside, relaxing, and doing nothing is certainly better than sitting indoors all day. No matter what you choose to do, you're still getting some fresh air and enjoying the weather. Get off the computer for a bit, grab a bottle of water (gotta stay hydrated), and go enjoy the day! :)

What is your favorite thing to do outside on a nice day?

No comments:

Post a Comment