Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What I Want Out Of This Summer

Well it's official, I'll be graduating on Saturday, and Thursday is my last real day of school, plus as far as I know we get out early that day. This school year is winding down really fast, and it's time to start thinking about summer time. Typically around this time, I would be thinking of how I want to improve as a student, and as a person, both personality and looks, for the next school year, as well as some other things I want to do over the summer. However, as I will not be returning to the school I grew up in, and will be moving this summer, I am thinking more towards a completely fresh new start, as well as actually doing the things I want to do over the summer. This fresh start is the opportunity of a lifetime for me, it's my chance to really make a positive change in myself, and to make my life better then it has been throughout my years here. 

We all have ideas of what we want to do, and goals we want to achieve over the summer. Some may be related to the next school year, bettering yourself, getting a job, or just having a good summer in general. I have similar goals and ideas of what I want to do as I had in the past, but I also have many new ones, and I plan to actually work towards these goals and wants this summer. Especially as I will have more freedom once I move to do these things. This is the summer for me to start taking chances and meeting new people, rather than trying to fit in with people back here.

The worst thing you can do with your summer is to do nothing at all, or to make it all about getting ready for the upcoming school year, and do nothing to actually enjoy it. And that's what I ended up doing throughout my high school years. I just stayed home all day, and slept in a lot. Let me tell you, staying home everyday and doing nothing is BORING! It also gets really lonely when I'm sitting in my room alone all day playing computer games. It's often hard for me to stick to any kind of goal or plan where I am now due to a few environmental factors, but that's all going to change this summer. 

I want to make Summer 2013 the best summer I've ever had, and change my life for the better. I want to actually enjoy the summer time, rather then think about college the entire time. I also want to challenge you guys to make this the best summer ever, and do all of the things you want to do, especially if you are shy like I am. Take chances, you never know what good may come out of it! Please, tell me the things you want to do over the summer!

This Summer I Want To Am Going To...

-Move To A New Place, I will be moving up to where my dad lives this summer, an hour away from where I live now. A new place to live comes with so many opportunities. From decorating my room to how I want it, to having new things to do and meeting new people. 

-Get my driver's license. Yea.. I'm 19, graduating, and still haven't gotten my license. It's hard to go many places without a license, LOL! I am terrified of learning to drive, and to get on the road, but I am also excited that I'll have my own car, and I won't need to be driven around anymore. 

-Get out of the house and not sleep all day, like I've said, I have a terrible habit of spending my summer indoors playing on the computer, and sleeping until 3 p.m. What a waste of a day! I need to get myself up at 10 am, not to early, but not to late either, and get outside more often. Even if it's just going for a walk, it's better then spending the day trapped in my room.

-Go to fun places, and to summer festivals. I would love to go to a place like Cedar Point if I can, but that can be very pricey. But that doesn't mean I can't find local festivals and celebrations to go to and enjoy. I haven't been to a community festival since middle school, and at the time I was limited by my mom on what I could do there. This summer I want to go to a 4th of July celebration, and not just go to watch fireworks, but to hang with people and have a good time too. I want to go to community festivals and celebrations and meet new friends. I want to make the best of everything this summer. I want to try to get to the beach, and to the pool as often as I can, and just have a good summer time before it gets all cold and icky again.

-Meet new people, make friends, this is probably the most important thing to me, and why moving is such an opportunity for me. I will have a fresh start with people who don't know my past, and can't judge me based on my actions in my younger years. This is my chance to become more outgoing, be a nicer person, and show people the best side of me. I haven't had the best experiences in the past, and I'll tell you more about that later on in the summer. It means so much to be to be able to go out and meet some amazing new people to hang out with, get to know, and become friends with, without them knowing my dark past. The most important thing to me is just meeting some nice girls (and boys as well) to just be great friends, and to make memories with. And who knows... I may even find a boy I'll fall in love with this summer. But I'll just see where this summer goes.

-BLOG! BLOG! BLOG! I can't forget about you guys! I love blogging so much, and school has really slowed me down over the last couple months. I have so many ideas on what to blog about. I also plan to start that YouTube channel I said I was going to start back in January.

-Work on bettering myself. A typical summer goal for me, eat healthier and exercise, work on being a nicer person, ect... But this year I don't just want to do it for college... but for the people I will meet over the summer and throughout life. 

If I can I would love to do these things as well...

-Change my hair, I've never colored my hair before. I'd love to get some brown highlights! Maybe even get some layers too!

-Get a tattoo! I really want to get a cute or really pretty tattoo sometime... I already have ideas on what I wan't to get! I don't wanna go to crazy and get like, sleeves, but a cute tattoo would be nice. 

-Go to a fun place like Cedar Point. I've been to Cedar Point a few times with my high school choir... but our time was limited and some people didn't want to go on certain rides. I'd love to go with a few friends when I can afford to go!

-Go to a Blood On The Dance Floor concert!! I've mentioned many times how much I love BOTDF, and I have never been to a concert in my life. This is looking more towards fall.. but they will be playing near where I live on September 15! It would make for an amazing night.. just to be able to see them. I'd love to meet Dahvie and Jayy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment