Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yummy Treats: Mini Breakfast Quiches

For the last cooking lab of the school year in Foods & Nutrition, we made these yummy little breakfast quiches. They were absolutely amazing! I am pretty much at a loss on what to make for breakfast most of the time, so I thought this was an amazing idea, so I thought I'd share it with to guys. With this being the last cooking lab, this will be the last Yummy Treats post I got from school, unless I decide to add the ones I haven't added yet. Otherwise any recipes I put on here will be ones I came up with or found on my own. 

Mini Breakfast Quiches
What you will need: 
-2/3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
-1/3 cup finely chopped ham
-3 eggs
-2 tablespoons milk
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
-1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (about 177 degrees Celsius). Combine cheese and ham in a small bowl. Beat eggs, milk, and pepper in a medium bowl until blended.
2. Separate biscuits; Press or roll into 5 inch rounds on a lightly floured surface. Grease the 10 outside muffin cups, and place one biscuit in each, leaving the 2 cups in the center empty. Press firmly to the bottom and at the sides of the cup, and form a rim at the top.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons of ham and cheese mixture into each cup, pour in egg mixture, dividing evenly.
4. Bake in center of 350 degree oven until filling is set and biscuits are a deep golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm. 

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment