Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcoming Fall

Over the last couple of weeks, the temperature has dropped dramatically where I live. But then again where I live it can be nearly 90 degrees one day, then freezing the next. Welcome to Ohio! Anyways, today is the day that we officially say goodbye to summer, and hello to fall. Goodbye bathing suits, hello sweaters and scarves, and let's not forget the yummy apple cider and warm beverages! And who can forget the gorgeous colors of the changing leaves and all of those festive fall decorations?! Those fun fall holidays are just around the corner, Halloween, Thanksgiving! And let's not forget my birthday is in the fall! LOL!


Fall is most definitely a fun time of year, but I'm going to be honest.. while I love fall, I also hate it at the same time. Only because I know that it means that winter is coming, and I don't exactly look to pleasantly on the cold. It's easy for me to transition from winter to spring.. and I tend to do so WAY to early... when there is still snow in the forecast. But it's really hard for me to transition from warm weather to colder weather, and I tend to do that really late... like around Valentines Day. Not smart considering how I walked to school everyday.. LOL! But despite the cold weather approaching, I still really do love the fall. 

If you tend to look at fall and think, crap, winter is coming like I do at times, try to think about the things you like about fall. Whether is be fall fashion, or even just the colors of he leaves. I like to think of all of the fun fall festivities. The festivals, the holidays, and my the fact that I was born in the fall. I also like the special treats that become available in the fall like apple cider, and baked goods. Then comes the fun of Halloween, and then all of the good food on Thanksgiving! Then the nerd in me likes the fact that a new expansion pack for The Sims 3 typically comes in the fall. I also just love looking at all of the leaves and the trees. I even like the extra rain... well at night anyways. It's really relaxing to read a book or fall asleep too. 

There is good in every season.. even winter. And let's face it. We can't change the seasons or skip a season we don't like, so it's best to make the most of it. Enjoy your favorite things about the current season.. even if you'd prefer to do so indoors. Perhaps that excuse to stay indoors and read a book or watch a movie could be a positive! I always love my simming and reading time. Fall seems like such a relaxing and crazy season to me. Through all the craziness of the holidays and celebrations, and when I was in high school all of the school events.. there where those calm fall afternoons, and the relaxing fall nights to unwind to at the end of the day. 

What is your favorite thing about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment